Tuesday, February 22, 2011

tonight's gona be a good, good night

As I blogged on Friday, me and some of the girls ventured out to Savannah for a night out instead of the boring local bars... and had such an amazing time! A coach was organised to take people into Savannah for the night, returning to the island after the clubs close, and we decided to jump onto that too after searching for accommodation and figuring out none of us could actually afford to stay in Savannah for the night!




So off we went, paid the organiser $30 each, had a couple of drinks on the bus before arriving in River Street to go to the first bar called 'Wet Willie's'. Got to love the name hahaha, they do these kind of slushie drinks (just a warning they are lethal, very very strong)... I had a Sex on the Beach and it didn't disappoint :)

After a while we headed to another bar, the name of which I can't recall, it was more of a indie kind of place and reminded me of Manchester <3 Then on to another, and finally to 51 Degrees... which was just what I needed! A normal club, three floors, lots of people - so much fun!!!



51 Degrees <3


my hair is growing growing growing very slowly...


Would love to go back for another night on the dancefloor in 51 Degrees - we'll see if I'm able to afford that before I leave as I'm saving pretty much all my money for travelling. Speaking of travelling, I now have all flights, trains and accommodations booked, I'm getting so excited :) The next step is booking a couple of Greyhounds when I get paid next week, reserve my place on a Grand Canyon tour, book train tickets for my day trip to Washington D.C. from New York and choose which show we are going to see on Broadway (I'm voting for The Lion King).

Got to go now, the sun is out, is +22 degrees celcius out there (it's 11am!!) and I've got a few hours before I need to get ready for work..


Love

xxx

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great night.
    Long story but I might have found a website that helps get work experience/intership abroad but will have to do it next year when Im a student again. I didn't realise you could do stuff like that until I found your blog, so thank you
    http://beaufashionxoxo.blogspot.com/


    http://beaufashionxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, hope you find somewhere you want to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. moikka, mä törmäsin sun blogiisi sattumalta. tosi mielenkiintonen ja itteäkin kiinnostaa yhdysvallat maana tosi paljon niin kiva lueskella :) oon kesällä suuntaamassakin sinne pariks viikoks; ensin baltimoreen päin ja sit nyciin lopuksi. kumpaa itse suunnitelet liikkumiseen maan sisällä; bussia vai junaa? ja pitääkö liput miten aikasin varata? vähän hankalaa ehkä täältä suomesta käsin? kiva jos osaisit vastata. lentoliput ja hotellit on kyllä jo buukattu, mutta noi asiat vähän mietityttää..

    t.riikka

    ReplyDelete
  4. hei riikka, kiva etta loysit mun blogin :) itse en viela ole ollu paikallisessa bussissa tai junassa, mutta ensi kesana saan siita sit lisaa kokemusta. muutamat kaverit on junalla ja kaukoliikenteen busseillakin matkustaneet taalla, ja niiden puheista kylla junan mukavuus nousi esiin. junathan on sit yleisesti jonkun verran kalliimpia, mutta jos ole baltimoren/nycin alueella niin siina osassa maata junaverkosto on tosi hyva eli suosittelen junaa :) bussit on sit mita on..

    junalippujakin varmaan pystyt suomesta kasin varaamaan, jos sulla on ihan tavallinen visa, mastercard tms. pankkikortti, ja liput on sit noudettavissa asemalla. ma oon omat junaliput kesakuuksi jo varannut mutta en yhtaan osaa sanoa etta kuinka aikaisin ne kannattaa varata - parempi varmaan liian aikaisin kuin jattaa viime hetkeen?

    ja taalta loytyy junien ja bussien aikataulut, ja voit ostaa lippujakin:

    junat: http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/HomePage

    bussit: http://www.greyhound.com/

    toivottavasti jaksoit lukea koko vastauksen lapi, tasta tuli hieeeman pitkahko :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kiitos paljon sulle linkeistä ja vinkeistä :D oon kyllä ihan innoissani tosta matkasta... oispa jo kesä! alkaa nää suomen -20 astetta pakkaset jo vähän tympimään ;D mut onneks voi suunnitella matkaa sentään. mukavaa "talvea" sinne! ;D

    -riikka

    ReplyDelete
  6. ole hyva, ja onnea matkasuunnitteluun! ja kylla se suomen talvi viela joskus kesaksi muuttuu :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Kiitos kommentistasi :)